What is telecare?
Telecare is the use of discreet equipment that can help tell if there is an emergency or if you are having difficulties in your home. As well as peace of mind for you, your family and your carers, telecare may give you more freedom to live independently in your own home and when you are out and about. It could even get you home more quickly after a hospital stay.
Telecare can be used in a variety of ways, for example it can:
- sense risks such as smoke, floods and gas leaks
- call for help if you fall
- remind you to take your pills at the correct time
- notify someone if you leave your home and would have difficulty finding your way back
- help you stay safe when out and about
What is the Telecare Self-Check Online Tool?
This is an easy to use online tool that allows you to find helpful information on telecare services in your area that could help you live independently at home for longer. The tool asks 6 – 12 questions and will take about 5 minutes to complete. Once you have completed the tool you will be given useful information relating to your answers.
How can I access the tool?
To complete the tool for yourself or for someone else, visit www.telecareselfcheck.scot
Further information on telecare